Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Winding down...

Ahhh...do you hear that? Silence. I am sitting here listening to the sound of my words being typed because my children are all sleeping...all three of them at the same time. For those of you that do not have multiple children, especially three under the age of five, you have no idea what a tremendous accomplishment it is to get them to sleep all at the same time. I rarely watch tv anymore simply because I have gotten to where I love the quiet....so peaceful. Nothing warms my heart like the sight and sound of my children sleeping.

The reason they are tuckered out is because today was the last day of Cornerstone Christian Preschool for Claire and Gregory. They sang in a little music program and then had a big luncheon. Gregory wasn't too keen on doing the words and the motions...in fact, there were a couple of moments when he looked kind of like a deer in the headlights...I think he was still mad at me for making him wear his "church sandals" instead of his "shoes that make him run fast". It's the little things in life that will make a boy happy....and not so happy....

Claire, however, was in full force...completely in her element. I honestly do not have any idea where she gets her drama from! (haha) She loves to sing and dance and most importantly, loves to sing and dance when lots of people are watching with camaras! I was so proud of both of them, and even found myself becoming a tad bit emotional. Thankfully, I was able to hide behind the camera....

We are officially out for the summer! Pray for this mama as she strives to keep three children fed, clothed, played-with, and cared-for in the coming days. I can't promise that if you see me in the next 10 weeks that I will have on a clean shirt or be wearing lipstick, but my kids will be having a great time! Let the games begin..............!



Blessings to you for a great week.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey girl! Welcome to blog land!

It was good to catch up your sweet family. Are you still doing book adoptions? Take care!

leslie said...

Hey Ginger! I just found your blog through Kelly's and read about your sweet family for over an hour. Stalker much? (I was also watching Chelsea Lately if that makes a difference). Your family is beautiful... we are adding sweet Meredith to our prayer list! Girl - I can totally relate to three kids under five and two that are close together (12 months and one week). I am stressing about the summer! What the heck am I going to do for 7 days a week? Anyway - just saying hello and you are a great momma!

The Speck family said...

Love that you are blogging.... can't wait to hear about daily life in the Paty house. Keep the stories (and pics!) coming! Love you guys and please kiss the 3 babies for me.