Friday, June 13, 2008

Unsubscribe

Dear Man in Charge of Junk Email,

I am writing to tell you that I am no longer interested in receiving your emails. It seems like every time I open up my email account, anxious to receive some note of value and pertinent information, I am aghast to see that I do not have anything in my "inbox" besides Victoria's Secret emails...and I assure you, it's NOT because they need my just-had-my-third-kid-in-four-years body to model for their semi-annual sale. I do not need anymore GNC vitamins to kick in the energy I once had and have recently decided to try in the pill form, and FunJet Vacation emails are just cruel and unusual punishment for this slave-to-the-gasoline-bill,-Suburban-driving mama that can't bring herself to buy a minivan. If I had time to entertain, then yes, your Crate and Barrel ads would be of benefit as I decorated my outdoor furniture with matching utensils and dinnerware...but my backyard has been taken over by all the stuff I've bought from One Step Ahead, as I receive their emails almost daily. Apparently, they have worked. So all this to say, please unsubscribe me from your email list so that I will not be tempted to buy the nursing bras you just sent in your last ad...I'm not of the opinion that I need to nurse my baby until she's three, but I appreciate the option.
Sincerely,
Claire, Greg, and Meredith's Mama

3 comments:

The Best Family said...

Hi, Ginger - I dont know how I got here, but I was clicking from one blog to the next and I stumbled upon yours... what a treat to read the musings of Ginger Paty and her 3 precious kids!! They are beautiful and you are just as funny as ever!! I will look forward to keeping in touch with your sweet family via the blog world!
Blessings....
~Summer (Fowler) Best

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Girl, I have so missed your wit and humor! Glad you have this blog now so I can get my fix.

Ashley said...

Oh, AMEN! Hilarious!