Monday, June 16, 2008

Mushy Musings

This weekend I was reminded of why I married the man I married. Saturday night he took me to dinner, just the two of us, and I was so happy to JUST BE with him, that I moved my chair over to the side of the two person table we were seated at, just so that I could be closer to him. We laughed and talked about lots of different things, none of which were the children. He even took me to Starbucks to get a yummy hazelnut mocha, even though he thinks it's a crime to pay $3.86 for a drink. He is my best friend and no one on the planet "gets me" more than he does....I love that about him. We talked about the house we are getting ready to build (I'm sure the drama of that little process will be blogged about extensively later...it will either be blogging or therapy, I'm sure) and even held me while I cried about the idea of leaving the one we're in.

It seemed perfect that the next day was Father's Day...a day to celebrate the amazing daddy that he is to my precious babies. I'm not sure there are three children on the planet that adore their father more than mine do, and I am not sure there is a man more deserving of that adoration. I wouldn't want to share this journey of parenthood with anyone but him....
So, thank you, sweet Cody, for all the ways you make this family feel happy, whole, loved, and safe.

The four of us are nuts about you.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

so sweet!

Can't wait to hear about this house-building drama!