Monday, June 23, 2008

Prayer for my Babies

Dearest Lord,

Tonight, as I turn out the light and slip under the covers, I pray that you will be with my precious babies Claire and Gregory, as they are sleeping over at their Nana's and Big Daddy's house. They called at bedtime (a couple of hours ago) and were bawling, Lord, because they wanted me and you know how much my heart broke at the sound of their tears. It took every ounce of self-control not to jump in my car and drive the 45 minutes to Abilene to rescue them from their sleep-deprived, sugar-induced, not-hearing-the-word-"NO"-in-24-hours-stupor, but Father, I pray that you cover them with Your peace tonight as they sleep. I pray that they will rise in the morning, refreshed, and ready to run their Nana ragged another day. I pray that they will be blessed by Your Word at Vacation Bible School, and that they will be a blessing to those they come in contact with. And Lord, if they act like heathens instead of little angels, I pray that no one from the Southern Hills congregation, my childhood church You know, will say to one another, "That's Ginger Paty's kids...go figure."
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

OKay...I sure hope it is okay to laugh at someone's prayer because I just did so incredibly loud (and likely woke up my entire house!)

I find that my kids can be with grandparents/baby-sitters and be doing great...until they see me or hear me and the waterworks start immediately. I have to admit it warms my heart a little bit. Hopefully your kids tears dried quickly after hanging up the phone and they are sleeping soundly!

Anne said...

Ginger Paty's kids are so adorable!

It was great to see you Wednesday night!