Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We are scrambling around trying to get the last boxes packed and all the loose ends tied up. I think if I stopped long enough to think, I would cry....so I try not to think. The leaving of this house is going to be extremely emotional for me (and Cody, I'm sure, but naturally, he's alot less "weepy" about it) The kids started preschool this week, so that has been a welcome distraction for them. Don't ask me about what a loser I felt like on the first day back when I woke up and realized that I didn't even have anything to pack for their lunches. And when I grabbed the camera on the way out the door to take their picture that morning, I realized that the batteries were dead. Quick trip to Wal-mart after I dropped them off (thank goodness lunch wasn't for another 3 hours) and I returned with groceries and NO BATTERIES. Claire made a point to tell me that her "lunchbles" was good, but she prefers it when I make the normal ham and cheese cut in the shape of a dinosaur. I am normally the mom that makes the yummy lunch the night before, complete with a note in their lunch box or written on their banana, lays their clothes out the night before, and sends them to school with a homemade breakfast in their tummies. My entire life revolves around them, and things have been so crazy, I haven't even remembered to grocery shop. I'd say we were busy, but that's just my opinion. Maybe that is your life all the time. Or maybe, you just hate to grocery shop.
I've got to run....my "to do" list is calling. If I haven't returned and posted in a week, send a search party. The first place to look for me will be RiverCrest Mental Hospital.

I'm serious.

Sort of.

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

A note on a banana...GENUIS!

Hope you get your mental facilities back soon. If not, we'll be sure to send a floral arrangement to the hospital.

Good luck with the move (and the emotions!)!

Shanta said...

Happy Packing Patys! We will miss that house too.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

The banana note is genius! The OCD person inside must know exactly what you use to write on it? Does a Sharpie bleed through the skin? Or does a pen do the trick?
I hope the move is smooth and painless (as it can be!)