Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Letter to the Siblings

Dear Claire and Gregory,

I am writing to tell you what a great time I am having being an only child this week. Although I miss you both terribly, the process of eating without two small people in my face making chicken noises has grown on me quite nicely. This morning, I looked for you when I entered the living room, only to be greeted by my rainforest jumperoo...it wasn't near as fun jumping without you both dancing around me to the tune of Sesame Street. I think Mommy is even a little sad about how quiet the house is. I overheard her talking to Daddy last night about "this is what it was like with only one child"...they both seemed a bit nostalgic. I, on the other hand, am eating it up.
Mommy and I are surprising Daddy tonight with tickets to the Ranger Game vs. the Yankees. It's my first trip to a real baseball game! After all of those nights watching it on TV with Daddy, I get to see his face light up when we watch them in person. I can't wait! We are "kidnapping" Daddy at work at 3...I sure hope his patients don't mind.
I trust you are both having a great time at Aunt Jen and Uncle Eric's house. Mommy said we are going to pick you guys up on Thursday. That only leaves me with two more days...I better run. Mommy hasn't held me in the last three minutes and I am starting to feel neglected.

All my love,
meredith grace

5 comments:

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

That Meredith, she is just like her mommy...witty and wonderful with words! Adorable tickle picture, too!

Shanta said...

That was hilarious. Enjoy the break- you guys deserve it! Ken is at the game tonight. Go YANKEES!

Erica said...

Love the letter! I am so glad you are blogging:) Hope Meredith enjoys the next two days and that you all have a wonderful time tonight.

The Speck family said...

Hope you guys had so much fun! I cannot imagine how quiet the house must have felt with only 1 when you are so used to 3! We need some new pics of those 3 adorable kids of yours.........

Lindsay said...

Hey Ging,
I haven't checked blogs in a month. Congrats on the house stuff. Loved getting caught up on what you have been doing. I miss looking down at you! I'll have to call and try to find a meeting place the next time I am in Abilene visiting the sisters. Miss you!