Sunday, August 17, 2008

Keeping the Sabbath Holy

17 hours and 4 plane trips later, Meredith and I returned to Sweetwater mostly unscathed. The doctors appointment was successful. The only problem he found was a small amount of congenital ptosis, which is a little bit of a drooping eyelid on her left side. Her eyesight seems perfect and we will check her again in a year. She will probably have surgery when she is getting ready to start school at the ripe age of 5, just to help the cosmetic part of having an eyelid that droops, but other than that, she is great. I knew that...I always appreciate it when other, smarter people tell me what I already know.

If you reside anywhere in the sheer vicinity of West Texas, you know that it has been raining for the last two days. It is blissful. Therefore, I will close this blog now because two things remain to be true: A) Anytime it rains, naps become essential and B) It is Sunday, therefore, it is biblical to rest.

Amen.

6 comments:

The Speck family said...

Hey chica~ I am so thankful that your appt. went so well....praise God for good news! Your 3 peas in a pod are PRECIOUS and I hope you have yourself a great nap this Sunday afternoon. Our love to the Paty's! KJS

Ashley said...

I am so glad the appointment went well. That can be so hard. Enjoy your nap and rain. Miss you!

Brittany Weaver said...

I am so happy to hear that good news came from the appointment. We are in Levelland, and it has been raining here, too. Love ya! We'll be home Monday.
Brittany

Trina said...

Glad for the great news!!!! No joke..........rain leads to nap time. I did that this afternoon, and will put my babies to be in about 45 min. We have to start the "school routine" so as not to be grumpy on the first day. We would have droopy eyelids!

Erica said...

What an answered prayer! Glad your trip was a success and you made it home safely. Hope you got to take your nap:)

Unknown said...

So happy to read this wonderful news about Miss Meredith. What a blessing!