Monday, November 10, 2008

Unwelcomed Visitor

As I type this post, I am propped up in bed with pillows, the remote control, and a tall glass of Sprite on the nightstand. I haven't ventured out of this position much today, since I awoke at 3:30 this morning, seemingly inheriting the stomach bug that Meredith was dealing with yesterday. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband that is holding the fort down and keeping things running as smoothly as possible. And thankfully, I have a wonderful mama that came to my rescue today. There's nothing wrong with the fact that my umbilical cord is still attached....those things can stretch from here to Abilene just fine.
I would write more except I just heard Gregory lose his dinner all over the dining room floor....3 down, 2 to go....

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

bless your heart!!! The stomach bug is the worse...especially when you have kids to take care of. One time Tobe and I both got the bug when Isaac was about 10 months old. We had to call his mom to come over and help us!

Hope everyone recovers quickly!

Jami said...

This is my most dreaded scenario. Mama being sick with a child that is ready to play. Knock on wood it hasn't happened yet. Hope you get better soon and it gets through your family quickly.

Lori said...

So sorry that ya'll are feeling yucky! It's great to have fabulous husbands/daddy's that step in when the mama's are sick! Hope everyone feels better soon.