Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Cup Has Been Refilled....





Is it me or are we staring the beginning of August in the face? Is it me or is the beginning of school going to be here before I can say, "What am I going to do with 3 children for three months?" three times fast? Where has the summer gone and how do I make everything around me slow down? These are questions that burned in my heart as we were driving back into town on Wednesday night...we were returning from our family vacation and I wasn't quite ready to return to the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We took our children down to the coast to play on the beach for a few days (only to be cut short by Hurricane Dolly) and while we were there, I found myself wanting time to stand still. We found a place on the beach that was deserted and calm, and spent the entire day as if we were the only 5 people on the planet...it was wonderful. We moved on to San Antonio and had a great time swimming, strutting the River Walk, eating, and touring the S.A. Zoo. It was so good to get away, focus on eachother, and not be forced to make big decisions. (Unless, of course, you think that the decision of do we eat at Cheesecake Factory or Pappasito's is a life-choice. I guess it could be....)

We are back to the grind, back to the upcoming decisions that have to be made regarding our home situation, and back to the busy-ness we call "life". It was precious while it lasted, and lots of memories were made. There are fewer greater gifts.

I pray that you and your family have been able to get away SOMEWHERE this summer. Whether it was/is the beach, the lake, grandma's house, or your own backyard...take some time to JUST BE this summer with your family. These days are passing too quickly...

3 comments:

Brittany Weaver said...

Ginger,
I look forward to reading your blogs because they always make me laugh and at the same time make me slow down and evaluate what is going on in my life. You are a very dear friend even though we don't spend as much time together as I would like!
Brittany
ps..I am going to turn your website in to Parents magazine because I know they would hire you to be a columnist!

Phillips Family said...

Yeah for your family getting to take a vacation (even if ol Dolly decided to make her appearance!). Hope that you are settled back into normal life with a renewed spirit!

kotitemp said...

I totally agree with Brittany!
Cute pictures, it sounds like you had a great time!