Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recap

Random thoughts and tidbits of information regarding the Paty's over the last few weeks...in no particular order:


1. We have moved completely out of our fishbowl on Broadway and are currently residing in our "temporary house" (ask Gregory, he'll tell you all about it and what temporary means). We are thankful and humbled to be here, but ask me in a weak moment how I am doing with the move, and I'll cry...so don't ask.


2. Claire and Gregory have started back to Preschool and LOVE it, as always. I am thrilled to be back to a routine, have time to myself and time one-on-one with Meredith, and love hearing about their days when I pick them up. They have already learned so much! We love Cornerstone Christian Preschool.


3. My sister-in-law, Jennifer (Cody's sister) is pregnant with her first baby. We heard from her regarding her first doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks great! We are very excited about baby Davis making his/her appearance around the first week of April.


4. My sweet Daddy left on Sunday for Washington, D.C. to train with the SBA (Small Business Administration). He worked for them during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and will probably be returning to Louisiana to help with the relief of Hurricane Gustov. This development will most likely push our date back of breaking ground on our new home a few weeks. It's hard for me to be upset when I think about how selfish it would be for me to be frustrated at my dad for leaving my new house project so that he can go help those people that don't have a home anymore. I'm grateful for his willingness to go. I'll be ready for him to return, but grateful nonetheless.


5. Baby Meredith turns 8 months old on Sunday. Seriously?


6. 'Tis the season....football season that is. Cody and I are back in the groove of Mustang football, college football, and of course, the Cowgirls, I mean, Cowboys. It is the picture of "recreational companionship" at its finest.


7. I want to be Sarah Palin when I grow up.


8. We are praying that we get to close on our house this week. It has been a nightmare experience because of some logistics that didn't get taken care of the correct way when we purchased our home. God has worked and been faithful, and we hoping that it is all going to come to a close in the next couple of days. My new mantra? Don't count your chickens before they hatch...or your fish.


9. Cody and I are so blessed to have been a part of a small group study this summer called "The Truth Project". We have been meeting together with 4 other couples for the past 9 weeks and it has become such a tremendous blessing in our life! We look forward to our time together and have benefited so much from the amazing discussions that have taken place within our group. We highly recommend this study to anyone interested in learning about developing a Christian worldview. (you can find it on the Focus on the Family website)


10. I remain the most blessed person in the world. My God, my hubs, my children, my church...all humble me daily. The middle two categories make me want to move, change my name, and not leave a forwarding address sometimes, but humble me soon thereafter.


May your week be filled with joy!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Funny that you say you want to be Sarah Palin. I thought of you while listening to her speak last week! You can do it!!

Jami said...

Hey Ging,

I have blog stalked you since you sent out your link. I so miss you everytime I read an entry that has me laughing and anytime I want to express an opinion, I think no one would appreciate it except Ginger. Your kids are absolutely adorable I just can't believe how big they are. I am cracking up about your Cool Cuts comment so worth every penny to have a happy child. Anyway, can't wait to hear more stories - I am sad that you sold your house but I figure when I heard you had number 3 on the way this was going to happen - that was my first Frat Thanksgiving. I need to stop by Mustang country next time I am out to catch up. Ava loves little boys and she would be all about Mr. Gregory!

jami

Unknown said...

House closings can end up such a mess-- I will certainly pray for you in that situation. That can be incredibly nerve-wracking! I wondered if your papa was your builder...you're going to have one amazing home, only to be made better by the people who will fill it! I can't wait to see it. Exciting stuff, girl.